Technology Kids

Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Shadow Puppets

Today we continued with our Shadow Puppet project.  Our focus today was to record our voices on GarageBand.  Every group has now recorded their play.  We are still working on adding sound effects to our recording.  It's tricky because we can't all record in the same room because of noise, so we have to take turns and that makes it take a bit longer. 

The 'Puss and Boots' group worked with Ms Wiens today to record.  Next week they need to arrange their recording so that it is in order, when we record each character gets a track and after every part is recorded then we arrange the clips so that the story flows.  When Ms Badger comes back next week, she will help us to add more sound effects and we will make sure all the recordings are complete.  Then we will PRACTICE, PRACTICE and PRACTICE till we've got our play right!  We've never done shadow puppets before so we know that we need to practice lots before we record the video part.  The following week, we will record our movies! 

Like we said before, some projects take a while! 


The "Little Red Riding Hood" group arranging their audio

Written as shared writing by the "Nerd Herd" and The Head Nerd Ms Blacker 

(disclaimer from Ms Blacker - the kids wanted to be called the "Nerd Herd", we know it's just a joke, we like to be silly like that!)

3 comments:

Shauna Wiens said...

Recording went really well today! There's still a lot of work to do, but I'm excited to see the final products and I think they will turn out wonderfully!

Unknown said...

Hey Technology Kids
I can't wait to see your completed movies. Let me know when you will be screening them - I will bring the popcorn.
By the way, I liked your joke - it made me think of the hink pinks we did last year in the 4/5 classes.
Mrs. Peleck

Mr. Ferguson-Baird said...

Hi Kids,
Great to see your shadow stories coming along. I know that using Garage Band is a lot of fun and once you get comfortable using it you will really enjoy it. Maybe we can show some of your movies to the school and community at a school event...
Mr. FB

Post a Comment